Andre Norton -- Mark of the Cat -- 9

Here you can post book reviews for the IBDoF. Share your thoughts with the world and tell us what you think of the latest book you've read.

[NOTE: to create a properly linked book review thread here in TCC, please click on the "Review this Book" link from the applicable detailed book view in the IBDoF database - it will automatically generate a linked review here.

Moderators: clong, Mr. Titanic

wolfspirit
MST3K

Andre Norton -- Mark of the Cat -- 9

Post by wolfspirit »

The Mark of the Cat

Mark of the Cat -- Andre Norton -- 9

Review: This book is one the best books I've read recently. It was extremely enthralling, forcing me to stay up past midnight to finish reading it.

It was a fast-ish read, as it only took me one day to read it.

The characters were amazing. I like the whole concept of a familiar, and while never called that, the relationship of the sandcat and the main character lead me to interpret it as such, though I could never figure out who was the familiar for who.

The characters were amazing, with extreme detail given to their personalities, giving them the life-like quality I yearn for in my reading.

I don't want to give away too much of the plot, but it extremely good, and I'm going hunting for the sequel to this book, Year of the Rat, today.

A great read, and I can recommend it to anyone, knowing that it is fairly light, yet it refused to let me go to sleep (I tried twice) until I had finished it (and it resulted in excessive consumption of caffiene this morning.
Last edited by wolfspirit on Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
clong
Blade Runner

Post by clong »

I edited the record, but I can't edit your review, magicfan241. I used an isbn from an omnibus edition with "Year of the Rat" to get a cover.
wolfspirit
MST3K

Post by wolfspirit »

There, I edited it.

:)

magicfan241

Return to “The Critic's Corner”