Ray Bradbury - One More for the Road - 9

Here you can post book reviews for the IBDoF. Share your thoughts with the world and tell us what you think of the latest book you've read.

[NOTE: to create a properly linked book review thread here in TCC, please click on the "Review this Book" link from the applicable detailed book view in the IBDoF database - it will automatically generate a linked review here.

Moderators: clong, Mr. Titanic

wolfspirit
MST3K

Ray Bradbury - One More for the Road - 9

Post by wolfspirit »

One More for the Road

One More for the Road

by Ray Bradbury
Summary:
This is the third short story collection by the famous author, Ray Bradbury. This book contains 17 new short stories, as well as several shorts not published together before. There also is a ending by Bradbury, on "Metaphors: The Breakfast of Champions".Here are two of the short stories, picked at random, with a one sentence discription:
The Laurel and Hardy Alphi Centauri Farewell Tour: The loneliness is affecting million across the galaxy. Who's there to fix it, but the black & white comedians Laurel & Hardy. Very much a comedy, and very well done.
First Day: The first day of school, but 50 years after they graduated. What will happen at the flagpole, will the promise be kept or broken? Serious.
Review:
One of Bradbury's best. If you like his style of writing, and not everyone does, you will love this book. The funny shorts are intermixed with more serious ones. I personally spent the $7.00 to get the book, just to show a little support for a world-class author, and his much acclaimed works.

EDIT: WIll work on this more when I get home. This is an old review of mine.

Return to “The Critic's Corner”