Robert Silverberg - The Longest Way Home 8/10 {unrated}

Here you can post book reviews for the IBDoF. Share your thoughts with the world and tell us what you think of the latest book you've read.

[NOTE: to create a properly linked book review thread here in TCC, please click on the "Review this Book" link from the applicable detailed book view in the IBDoF database - it will automatically generate a linked review here.

Moderators: clong, Mr. Titanic

Superenigmatix
Defender of the Chronicles Stylesheet

Robert Silverberg - The Longest Way Home 8/10 {unrated}

Post by Superenigmatix »

Er what codes am I supposed to be reviewing - me sneaks off to check the last review. OK, here we go....

Enjoyability 9
Re-Readability 4
Complexity 6
Writing Style 8
Character Development 7

A nice thing in SF these days - a short book! 212 pages only :)

Nothing spectacular here just a well written book about a young man struggling to make his way home across 12,000 miles after the Great House he was staying in is destroyed as part of an Uprising of the Folk against all the Great Houses on this continent. This is Silverberg however so there's a quality guarantee here and it's achieved.

Low re-readability as it's a short book and you will not forget the plot for a while. There's really only one major character, but the alien (to him) races living on the planet are interesting and believable.

All in all a good read for a sunny afternoon - or staying up until 2:30am like I did :roll:

sE

Find the book here: The Longest Way Home

Return to “The Critic's Corner”