Jay Anson - Amityville Horror, The - 1

Here you can post book reviews for the IBDoF. Share your thoughts with the world and tell us what you think of the latest book you've read.

[NOTE: to create a properly linked book review thread here in TCC, please click on the "Review this Book" link from the applicable detailed book view in the IBDoF database - it will automatically generate a linked review here.

Moderators: clong, Mr. Titanic

StefanY
Jedi Librarian

Jay Anson - Amityville Horror, The - 1

Post by StefanY »

Amityville Horror, The

One of the worst books that I've actually read from start to finish. The only thing that kept me going was finding out what happened to the family. The author writes in a way that is very amateur and there were many times where I simply did not want to go on anymore. But I powered through and finished it after many months of struggling to pick it back up. Watch the movie, even if it's not much better, it's at least blessedly less of a time commitment.

Have you read this book? Click here to rate it!
Omphalos
Orthodox Herbertarian

Re: Jay Anson - Amityville Horror, The - 1

Post by Omphalos »

This book was a hot property when I was in 4th grade. All of the kids in my class were nuts for this story, even before the movie came out. I remember we all tried to read it on the downlow so our parents wouldnt find out and take the books from us.
StefanY
Jedi Librarian

Re: Jay Anson - Amityville Horror, The - 1

Post by StefanY »

Amazing how things change with time. I'm pretty sure that I thought it was pretty good when I was that age too!
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v82/styates/ChiefsArrowhead.jpg[/img]

Return to “The Critic's Corner”