James Patterson - Along Came a Spider - 7

Here you can post book reviews for the IBDoF. Share your thoughts with the world and tell us what you think of the latest book you've read.

[NOTE: to create a properly linked book review thread here in TCC, please click on the "Review this Book" link from the applicable detailed book view in the IBDoF database - it will automatically generate a linked review here.

Moderators: clong, Mr. Titanic

StefanY
Jedi Librarian

James Patterson - Along Came a Spider - 7

Post by StefanY »

Along Came a Spider (Alex Cross - 1)

For some reason, I stopped reading this series around book 9 or 10. I've continued to purchase them as they are released and my wife has read them all, so I decided that the best thing to do was to start over from the beginning.

This was actually the second Alex Cross (and James Patterson) book that I read. For some reason, I read Kiss the Girls shortly after it's release. I distinctly remembered that Along Came a Spider had a very different feel from Kiss the Girls and most of Patterson's later works.

Turns out, I remembered correctly. Along Came a Spider still has a lot of the Patterson feel to it, but it seems to move at a bit slower pace than his subsequent novels. Don't get me wrong there is still plenty of action and lots of plot twists, it just seems that Patterson let's things take a little more time to develop.

Overall, I thought that it was a really good book. Patterson's works will never be mistaken for high-brow literature, but they are fun to read and you never quite know where he's going to take you. This novel does a great job of introducing Alex Cross & Co. and the villain is one of his best.
Have you read this book? Click here to rate it!

Return to “The Critic's Corner”