James Patterson - Angel Experiment, The

Here you can post book reviews for the IBDoF. Share your thoughts with the world and tell us what you think of the latest book you've read.

[NOTE: to create a properly linked book review thread here in TCC, please click on the "Review this Book" link from the applicable detailed book view in the IBDoF database - it will automatically generate a linked review here.

Moderators: clong, Mr. Titanic

sweetharleygirl
Methuselah's Child

James Patterson - Angel Experiment, The

Post by sweetharleygirl »

Angel Experiment, The /Maximum Ride /1

This is one of the fastest books I think I've read in a long time. The story really keeps moving and is perfect for kids who don't want or like to read very much. There's not much down time in the book so it really keeps the reader interested.
The charecters in the book are very personable and the writer make you feel for them all the hardships they've had to endure during their young lives. I beleave the book also teaches strength in the face of hardship. These kids are constinatly in danger and being chased but always strong and quick thinking, they're able to stay ahead of the game.
The author has done a wonderful job creating these charecters and giving them their own individual story lines that mesh with the others well. I can certinatly see why James Patterson is an award winning author.

Have you read this book? Click here to rate it!
Live Well, Laugh Often & Love Much

Millions of people living as foes, maybe, it's not to late to learn how to love and forget how to hate. ~ Ozzy Osbourne
violetblue
Viking Skald

Post by violetblue »

I read this book, not realizing at first it was a young adult book. I liked it, although I don't think I got into it as much as a younger person would. I do think the Young Adult crowd would really like this book. It did have a lot of action, and a hint of romance (but nothing icky!). The book is an action-adventure story that doesn't talk down to its audience. And it does put the kids in adult situations, but not in a scary or threatening way. I would recommend this book to any young adult also.
N is for NEVILLE, who died of ennui
--Edward Gorley
sweetharleygirl
Methuselah's Child

Post by sweetharleygirl »

I agree with everything you said violetblue. I read a lot of young adult books, I like to read what I get in at the library for them it makes it easier to help them find something they like, and I'd have to say this is definatly one of my favorites. Is it weird that I'm 30(something) and love to read young adult fiction? :? :roll:
Live Well, Laugh Often & Love Much

Millions of people living as foes, maybe, it's not to late to learn how to love and forget how to hate. ~ Ozzy Osbourne
laurie
Spelling Mistress
Location: The part of New York where "flurries" means 2 feet of snow to shovel

Post by laurie »

sweetharleygirl wrote:Is it weird that I'm 30(something) and love to read young adult fiction?
I'm well over 30, and I like YA books, too.

A lot depends on what captures your attention when reading fiction. YA plots are usually simpler (one main plot line, maybe one subplot), but the character development seems deeper. You feel like you know these people. Most mainstream fiction leans toward more complicated plots, with less time to delve into the characters.
"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife." -- Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

"So where the hell is he?" -- Laurie
violetblue
Viking Skald

Post by violetblue »

No, I don't think it's strange--in fact, I felt kind of bad that I didn't get into it as much as I could have. It made me feel old! I'll just sit in my rocking chair and knit sweaters for my dogs!
N is for NEVILLE, who died of ennui
--Edward Gorley

Return to “The Critic's Corner”