Robert Lynn Asprin - Another Fine Myth - 8

Here you can post book reviews for the IBDoF. Share your thoughts with the world and tell us what you think of the latest book you've read.

[NOTE: to create a properly linked book review thread here in TCC, please click on the "Review this Book" link from the applicable detailed book view in the IBDoF database - it will automatically generate a linked review here.

Moderators: clong, Mr. Titanic

StefanY
Jedi Librarian

Robert Lynn Asprin - Another Fine Myth - 8

Post by StefanY »

Another Fine Myth /Myth Adventure /1

I read quite a few of the books in this series several years ago. I remembered enjoying it then, so I thought I'd give it a re-read now and see if the magik was still there. Indeed it is! Another Fine Myth is a highly entertaining light read that I couldn't put down.

The story revolves around the adventures of a young magician's apprentice, Skeeve. Skeeve is a likable character, if a bit naive and the misadventures that he gets into with his friends are a magical romp through a universe of magik, demons, dragons and all sorts of other fantastical creatures. Because Asprin has incorporated different levels of technology in each dimension, there are really no limits on what might appear to challenge or aid our heroes. It's a lot of fun and always keeps you guessing as to what will happen next.

Also, at only 200 pages, this book makes for a nice, quick break from other more weighty readings. I hope that I'm right in remembering that the rest of the series continues to be this enjoyable and I look forward to joining Skeeve and the gang again very soon.
Have you read this book? Click here to rate it!
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v82/styates/ChiefsArrowhead.jpg[/img]

Return to “The Critic's Corner”