Possible book quote

This is the place if you are trying to remember the name of a book you read many years ago, or if you want to help someone else with the same problem.

Moderator: Kvetch

mharmon
Apprentice Scribe

Possible book quote

Post by mharmon »

I found this quote on my computer. I don't know if it comes from a book or not, but I would like to figure out if it does.

"I fear that thing that sits in the dark and creeps up right behind you just after you cut off the lights and start walking out of the room. It slinks up behind you step for step when you climb the stairs out of your dark basement. If you stop, stand very still and concentrate you can feel it brush the back of your neck ever so lightly. You may not notice it but it's always there just on the other side of where you can see. It appears in mirrors the split second you look away and is gone milliseconds before you look back."

Does this sound familiar? I have searched on every book page that I can think of.
Omphalos
Orthodox Herbertarian

Re: Possible book quote

Post by Omphalos »

Reminds me of Stephen King. a bit.
Kahrey
Fairy Tale Heroine - aka "Cinders"

Re: Possible book quote

Post by Kahrey »

I found this...?

https://forums.onlinebookclub.org/viewt ... =7&t=10221

Google finds nothing else of the sort. Which usually yields pretty good results with book quotes.
"Life is trial and error. Those who succeed are those who survive their failures and keep trying." - LE Modesitt, Jr.

Return to “Ask The Oracle”