Future Imager Books

A place to discuss the rich and varied worlds of L.E. Modesitt, Jr. All are welcome!

Official Website: here. Official Fan site: here

Moderators: Ghost, lmodesitt

DaveA
Scribe

Future Imager Books

Post by DaveA »

I was delightly surprised when browsing LEM's website this evening to discover there will now be FIVE imager books in the current series. This is seriously good news as I consider them at least the equal to the Recluce series & the thought of 4 more to be published has me salivating.
Thank you very much sir and happy writing

Dave
mikor60
Apprentice Scribe

Re: Future Imager Books

Post by mikor60 »

By the way, Mr. Modesitt has posted an excerpt from the upcoming Imager book Princeps on Tor.com.
--Mikor60
L. E. Modesitt Wiki: lemodesittjr.wikia.com
mikor60
Apprentice Scribe

Post by mikor60 »

Mr. Modesitt, two separate questions:
1. The cover of Princeps on your web page has Quaeryt holding some sort of sesame loaf.
However, most other images on the internet have him hold a (thin, long) baguette (e.g. Recluce wiki). Which one is the final one?

2. Is the final Quaeryt book going to be called Rex Regis?
--Mikor60
lmodesitt
Professional Wordsmith

Post by lmodesitt »

The final cover is with the fatter loaf of bread, also with Quaeryt's hair being somewhat lighter.

The last book about Quaeryt is indeed entitled Rex Regis, although that is not yet "official," and won't be until I turn in the manuscript and Tor accepts it.

L.E. Modesitt, Jr.
mikor60
Apprentice Scribe

Post by mikor60 »

lmodesitt wrote:The final cover is with the fatter loaf of bread, also with Quaeryt's hair being somewhat lighter.

The last book about Quaeryt is indeed entitled Rex Regis, although that is not yet "official," and won't be until I turn in the manuscript and Tor accepts it.

L.E. Modesitt, Jr.
Yes, indeed, the Princeps hardcover has a fatter loaf of bread. And a very satisfying meal for the intellect it makes, too.
Thank you, Mr. Modesitt!

The next question, naturally, is when is Imager's Battalion going to be out? I've heard dates from late 2012 to January 2013.
--Mikor60
lmodesitt
Professional Wordsmith

Post by lmodesitt »

The scheduled puublication date for Imager's Battalion is January 2013.

L. E. Modesitt, Jr.
mikor60
Apprentice Scribe

Post by mikor60 »

lmodesitt wrote:The scheduled puublication date for Imager's Battalion is January 2013.

L. E. Modesitt, Jr.
Thank you!

Any synopsis or cover blurb for it yet?
--Mikor60
CodeBlower
Shakespearean Groupie

Post by CodeBlower »

According to Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L._E._Modesitt,_Jr.), the next Imager book after "Imager’s Battalion" will be "Antiagon Fire" ..
Wikipedia wrote: The Imager Portfolio

The Imager Portfolio is set on the world of Terahnar, where a small number of people are imagers, who have the power to create objects through visualization; if uncontrolled, imaging can lead to the death of the imager.

Imager (2009) ISBN 0-7653-2034-7
Imager's Challenge (2009) ISBN 0-7653-2126-2
Imager's Intrigue (2010) ISBN 0-7653-2562-4
Scholar (2011) (New cast of characters, taking place, chronologically, before the first three books.[3]) ISBN 978-0-7653-2955-4
Princeps (Scheduled May 22, 2012) ISBN 978-0-7653-3095-6
Imager’s Battalion (Scheduled January 2013)
Antiagon Fire (Late spring/early summer - 2013?)
Untitled Book Eight (In an update on his 'What I'm writing page posted 1.30.12, the author states 'The fifth book will indeed be the last about Quaeryt, and will be scheduled after it’s completed, with a tentative and projected release date of late 2013 or early 2014.[3])
"Budge up, yeh great lump." -- Hagrid, HP:SS
-=-
The gelding is what the gelding is, unlike people who change in response to their perceptions of events that may benefit or threaten their power. -- Lorn, Chapter LXXXII, Magi'i of Cyador
telsono
Bookworm

Post by telsono »

I was wondering if a future Imager book will be based upon Rholan the Unnamer. With Princeps we have more information on the great prophet of the Nameless. Eventhough, Rholan wouldn't style himself that way, as that would be a form of naming ;). It sounds like he is sort of a Buddha like character.
CodeBlower
Shakespearean Groupie

Post by CodeBlower »

My guess is that, the account we're getting via Quaeryt's tale, is as close as we're going to get.
"Budge up, yeh great lump." -- Hagrid, HP:SS
-=-
The gelding is what the gelding is, unlike people who change in response to their perceptions of events that may benefit or threaten their power. -- Lorn, Chapter LXXXII, Magi'i of Cyador
lmodesitt
Professional Wordsmith

Post by lmodesitt »

And you're going to get quite a bit more, along with a minor mystery, in the next three books.

L. E. Modesitt, Jr.
nb52
Bookworm

Post by nb52 »

Cover art for Imager's Batallion:

http://www.bookdepository.com/Imagers-B ... 0765332837

Different style.
mikor60
Apprentice Scribe

Post by mikor60 »

nb52 wrote:Cover art for Imager's Batallion:

http://www.bookdepository.com/Imagers-B ... 0765332837

Different style.
Yep! Different artist, maybe?

Anyway, thanks for the pointer. I see that Amazon has January 22 as the release date. And a (very) short synopsis. Cool!
--Mikor60
lmodesitt
Professional Wordsmith

Post by lmodesitt »

Same artist... different approach.

L. E. Modesitt, Jr.
nb52
Bookworm

Post by nb52 »

Interestingly, no indication of a simultaneous Kindle release with the hardcover. Mr. Modesitt, do you know if one is planned as with Scholar and Princeps?
lmodesitt
Professional Wordsmith

Post by lmodesitt »

So far as I know, a simultaneous Kindle release is planned, but since Kindle is decided by Amazon, Macmillan can't announce it.

L. E. Modesitt, Jr.
Ghost
Judge Roy Bean

Post by Ghost »

I saw that Nook (Barnes and Noble) was already offering an advance purchase of the book.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you,
S Adams

Return to “L. E. Modesitt”