Imager Maps?

A place to discuss the rich and varied worlds of L.E. Modesitt, Jr. All are welcome!

Official Website: here. Official Fan site: here

Moderators: Ghost, lmodesitt

redbeardedguy
Bookworm

Imager Maps?

Post by redbeardedguy »

My only disappointment with the Imager Portfolio (aside from the face that non-heterosexuals don't seem to live well...) is that we only get maps of L'Excelsis. I wanted to see map of the world so i could figure out where the battles in the "war" happened. I'm assuming, based on how large Solidar appears to be, this is an alternate Earth, but, they, inquiring minds....;)
You're either at the table or on the menu--anonymous marquee sign quote
MidasKnight
Centrist

Re: Imager Maps?

Post by MidasKnight »

Don't get sensitive
In the 60’s, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.
lmodesitt
Professional Wordsmith

Post by lmodesitt »

Scholar does have a map of all Lydar [Solidar].

L. E. Modesitt, Jr.
telsono
Bookworm

Post by telsono »

I have the Kindle version of "Scholar" and it doesn't have a map. Will the map be posted on your website?
lmodesitt
Professional Wordsmith

Post by lmodesitt »

Alas... no.

L. E. Modesitt, Jr.
MidasKnight
Centrist

Post by MidasKnight »

telsono wrote:I have the Kindle version of "Scholar" and it doesn't have a map. Will the map be posted on your website?
yet another reason to stop giving Amazon your money
In the 60’s, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.
CodeBlower
Shakespearean Groupie

Post by CodeBlower »

telsono wrote:I have the Kindle version of "Scholar" and it doesn't have a map. Will the map be posted on your website?
My Nook copy had a map.

I wouldn't rotate to fit the screen - but I could slide it back and forth - and, I think, pinch/zoom.

Illustrations/maps are one of the things that I've noticed that my ereaders struggle with -- I'm looking forward to that improving as we move forward -- both from the aspect of getting publishers to focus more on the quality of their conversions -- as well as the devices managing the content better.

Moving back to the thread topic ..

Grab a copy of Scholar -- it's a jump back in time from Imager -- but I thought it was just as enjoyable.

(Besides getting the bigger map.) ;)
"Budge up, yeh great lump." -- Hagrid, HP:SS
-=-
The gelding is what the gelding is, unlike people who change in response to their perceptions of events that may benefit or threaten their power. -- Lorn, Chapter LXXXII, Magi'i of Cyador
mikor60
Apprentice Scribe

Post by mikor60 »

I like looking at maps myself when I read a book.
I uploaded a scan from Scholar to the wiki page.
CodeBlower wrote:
My Nook copy had a map.

I wouldn't rotate to fit the screen - but I could slide it back and forth - and, I think, pinch/zoom.

Illustrations/maps are one of the things that I've noticed that my ereaders struggle with -- I'm looking forward to that improving as we move forward -- both from the aspect of getting publishers to focus more on the quality of their conversions -- as well as the devices managing the content better.

Moving back to the thread topic ..

Grab a copy of Scholar -- it's a jump back in time from Imager -- but I thought it was just as enjoyable.

(Besides getting the bigger map.) ;)
--Mikor60
L. E. Modesitt Wiki: lemodesittjr.wikia.com
IanH
Bookworm

Post by IanH »

Posted in error

Removed

IanRH
Last edited by IanH on Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
lmodesitt
Professional Wordsmith

Post by lmodesitt »

I tried all the links on the page... and they worked for me.

L. E. Modesitt, Jr.
mikor60
Apprentice Scribe

Post by mikor60 »

lmodesitt wrote:I tried all the links on the page... and they worked for me.

L. E. Modesitt, Jr.
A question, Mr. Modesitt: are you okay with map images (scans) being posted to the wiki? Properly attributed, of course.
--Mikor60
lmodesitt
Professional Wordsmith

Post by lmodesitt »

I don't have a problem with the maps being posted to the wiki, so long as they're properly attributed.

Especially in the case of the Imager maps, I have no problem, since I'm the one who drafted the original from which the cartographer made the nice readable version, and the ideas and geography were mine from the start.

My only problem would be if someone printed them up and started selling them... or the like.

L. E. Modesitt, Jr.
mikor60
Apprentice Scribe

Post by mikor60 »

lmodesitt wrote:I don't have a problem with the maps being posted to the wiki, so long as they're properly attributed.

Especially in the case of the Imager maps, I have no problem, since I'm the one who drafted the original from which the cartographer made the nice readable version, and the ideas and geography were mine from the start.

My only problem would be if someone printed them up and started selling them... or the like.

L. E. Modesitt, Jr.
Thank you! I got a nice Imager (Lydar) map up on the wiki; with a copyright notice.
--Mikor60
mikor60
Apprentice Scribe

Post by mikor60 »

One more question for Mr. Modesitt: do you have any maps or map fragments, e.g. for Ferravyl or Extela, that did not make it to the published books?
--Mikor60
lmodesitt
Professional Wordsmith

Post by lmodesitt »

No. I did not do detailed maps of Ferravyl or Extela.

L. E. Modesitt, Jr.

Return to “L. E. Modesitt”