Corean Chronicles Chronology

A place to discuss the rich and varied worlds of L.E. Modesitt, Jr. All are welcome!

Official Website: here. Official Fan site: here

Moderators: Ghost, lmodesitt

raconnel
Bookworm

Corean Chronicles Chronology

Post by raconnel »

I just finished enjoying The Lord-Protector's Daughter, and was wondering how it fits into the series in relation to Legacies. I assume it to be earlier, but how much? I also hope for a sequel, despite the statement that it is a "stand-alone" novel.

Richard
tsaavik
Bookworm

Post by tsaavik »

I've been slowly collecting the books to this series (was missing book 1 until recently).

Should i read the prequel first, or after the entire series?
raconnel
Bookworm

Post by raconnel »

I read them in order of publication. Since there is such a big timespan between the two trilogies, and such a huge cultural difference, I'd say that reading either set first would be fine.

Richard
lmodesitt
Professional Wordsmith

Times

Post by lmodesitt »

The Lord Protector's Daughter takes place roughly 300 years after Soarer's Choice and roughly a thousand years before Legacies.

L. E. Modesitt, Jr.
nperry
Scribe

Post by nperry »

Should i read the prequel first, or after the entire series?
While it isn't an absolute necessity, I would definitely recommend reading the series in publication order. Lord-Protector's Daughter directly references events from the second trilogy, and if you read the two trilogies in chronological order, you miss out on some of the great elements of the first trilogy, which is the slow and steady progress the protagonist makes in discovering the extent and nature of his abilities, as well as the nature of the antagonists.

Return to “L. E. Modesitt”