The Grand Illusion

A place to discuss the rich and varied worlds of L.E. Modesitt, Jr. All are welcome!

Official Website: here. Official Fan site: here

Moderators: Ghost, lmodesitt

CodeBlower
Shakespearean Groupie

The Grand Illusion

Post by CodeBlower »

I was reading your blog-post the other day about finishing the 3rd book in your new series ..

https://www.lemodesittjr.com/2021/06/21/19748/

Just from the short amount you've revealed -- and the cover art -- and (possibly) too much Googling -- I'm already psyched about this series!

I'm really curious to see if we'll just get the stories from Steffan's perspective -- or if we'll see things through Avraal's eyes as well..
"Budge up, yeh great lump." -- Hagrid, HP:SS
-=-
The gelding is what the gelding is, unlike people who change in response to their perceptions of events that may benefit or threaten their power. -- Lorn, Chapter LXXXII, Magi'i of Cyador
lmodesitt
Professional Wordsmith

Re: The Grand Illusion

Post by lmodesitt »

Any response to your "question" would amount to a spoiler of sorts. So I'll have to leave you wondering.

L. E. Modesitt, Jr.
Silver_Phoenix
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Silver_Phoenix »

While I'm also looking forward to a new series, the premis of a world where electricity isn't possible concerns me. Electricity is a fundemental force of nature and life. Without electricity, we wouldn't be alive. Electrical impulses control our nervous systems. Electrostatic forces hold atoms together. I could go on and on, but as an electrical engineer, I cringed when I read the book's description.
lmodesitt
Professional Wordsmith

Post by lmodesitt »

That's why it's a fantasy.

Also, there is electricity in that world. It just doesn't work in a way that large scale electrical currents are practical.

L. E. Modesitt, Jr.
CodeBlower
Shakespearean Groupie

Post by CodeBlower »

Update -- today -- on Mr. Modesitt's blog -- about a forthcoming prequel ...
I’ve refrained from details about what I’ve been writing until certain matters were confirmed, but I can now say that another Grand Illusions book is complete and has been turned in to my editor.
More details at ... https://www.lemodesittjr.com/2024/06/05/20981/
"Budge up, yeh great lump." -- Hagrid, HP:SS
-=-
The gelding is what the gelding is, unlike people who change in response to their perceptions of events that may benefit or threaten their power. -- Lorn, Chapter LXXXII, Magi'i of Cyador

Return to “L. E. Modesitt”