Farewell to a huge Modesitt fan

A place to discuss the rich and varied worlds of L.E. Modesitt, Jr. All are welcome!

Official Website: here. Official Fan site: here

Moderators: Ghost, lmodesitt

Gil galad
Assistant Scholar

Farewell to a huge Modesitt fan

Post by Gil galad »

I just learned on the weekend that my friend Peter Graham in New Zealand passed away last week. We had been corresponding via old fashioned post for the last 20 years (he never owned a computer or phone :)) comparing notes and thoughts on the books we read, and we discussed the latest Modesitt books in nearly every letter. Peter was the first person to put a copy of the Magic of Recluce into my hands so many years ago, and introduced me to many other authors as well. Some of the questions I posted on this forum were on his behalf or from our discussions.
CodeBlower
Shakespearean Groupie

Re: Farewell to a huge Modesitt fan

Post by CodeBlower »

I'm sorry for your loss.
"Budge up, yeh great lump." -- Hagrid, HP:SS
-=-
The gelding is what the gelding is, unlike people who change in response to their perceptions of events that may benefit or threaten their power. -- Lorn, Chapter LXXXII, Magi'i of Cyador
lmodesitt
Professional Wordsmith

Re: Farewell to a huge Modesitt fan

Post by lmodesitt »

From what you wrote, I wish I'd known Peter Graham. I feel for you; correspondents like him bring light into our lives, and Peter obviously did for you... and, indirectly, through you, did to me.

L. E. Modesitt, Jr.

Return to “L. E. Modesitt”