Idea for a New Imager Story Arc

A place to discuss the rich and varied worlds of L.E. Modesitt, Jr. All are welcome!

Official Website: here. Official Fan site: here

Moderators: Ghost, lmodesitt

JTass
Scribe

Idea for a New Imager Story Arc

Post by JTass »

Hi Mr. M.,

I know that you said after the release of Endgames that it's unlikely there will be any more books in the Imager Portfolio. I just finished a buddy-read with a friend of mine of the Rhenn story arc and there was a snippet of dialogue toward the end of Imager's Intrigue that sparked a thought that could be an interesting story possibility in that universe, if you'd be open to the idea.

Did you ever consider the feasibility of writing a storyline around Bilbryn?

From Imager's Intrigue:
Abruptly, he swallowed. Then he forced a laugh. “You know, Rhenn, while you act for the best of the Collegium, there are times when you make Bilbryn look peaceful, kind, and sympathetic.”
That was all I needed, to be compared to the warrior imager champion of Rex Caldor, the man historians claimed was responsible for the bloody unification of Bovaria half a millennium before Rex Regis unified all Solidar the same way. All too often, I’d heard Bilbryn described as Namer-evil-incarnate. I managed a smile. “I’m not sure that comparison is fair to poor Bilbryn. He’s not here to defend himself.” I paused.
Considering the principles involved, what are the odds that Murphy's Law is named after the wrong guy?
lmodesitt
Professional Wordsmith

Re: Idea for a New Imager Story Arc

Post by lmodesitt »

I have thought about writing a story arc set in that time period, but we'll just have to see.

At the moment, I have a rather full plate.

L. E. Modesitt, Jr.
JTass
Scribe

Re: Idea for a New Imager Story Arc

Post by JTass »

As always, thanks for your response.

I'm happy to hear that there is a possibility of additional titles in the Imager universe.

Very much looking forward to Isolate, the Recluce novel in-progress, and whatever other projects you have on your plate.
Considering the principles involved, what are the odds that Murphy's Law is named after the wrong guy?

Return to “L. E. Modesitt”