ISOLATE Publication Delayed ONCE MORE!!!

A place to discuss the rich and varied worlds of L.E. Modesitt, Jr. All are welcome!

Official Website: here. Official Fan site: here

Moderators: Ghost, lmodesitt

Gil galad
Assistant Scholar

ISOLATE Publication Delayed ONCE MORE!!!

Post by Gil galad »

LEM posted on his blog that "the publication date of Isolate has been delayed until November 2nd because of the shortage of trained workers at the printing plant that produces all Macmillan books".

I'm sorry to hear that! :cry:

Will this be affecting the eBook release date for Amazon Kindle as well?
CodeBlower
Shakespearean Groupie

Re: ISOLATE Publication Delayed

Post by CodeBlower »

I saw an email from Amazon last night -- I just thought that was a shipping issue.

I have plenty of other things to read -- which will be put aside when "Isolate" arrives .. ;)
"Budge up, yeh great lump." -- Hagrid, HP:SS
-=-
The gelding is what the gelding is, unlike people who change in response to their perceptions of events that may benefit or threaten their power. -- Lorn, Chapter LXXXII, Magi'i of Cyador
JTass
Scribe

Re: ISOLATE Publication Delayed

Post by JTass »

The release date on Audible has also been delayed to align with the release date of the dead-tree version.
Considering the principles involved, what are the odds that Murphy's Law is named after the wrong guy?
lmodesitt
Professional Wordsmith

Re: ISOLATE Publication Delayed ONCE MORE!!!

Post by lmodesitt »

Because the printer laid off employees last year and didn't hire them back in time, or couldn't find replacements, ISOLATE'S release/publication date has been moved again -- to November 16th.
CodeBlower
Shakespearean Groupie

Post by CodeBlower »

lmodesitt wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:16 pm Because the printer laid off employees last year and didn't hire them back in time, or couldn't find replacements, ISOLATE'S release/publication date has been moved again -- to November 16th.
I got the notification from Amazon this morning. I'm sure you're just as anxious for it to be out as we are.
-=-
The gelding is what the gelding is, unlike people who change in response to their perceptions of events that may benefit or threaten their power. -- Lorn, Chapter LXXXII, Magi'i of Cyador
CodeBlower
Shakespearean Groupie

Post by CodeBlower »

The latest projected delivery date looks pretty promising: Thursday, November 11, 2021.
-=-
lmodesitt
Professional Wordsmith

Post by lmodesitt »

It's supposed to be available by November 16th. I haven't said much because the whole printing matter has been uncertain.

L. E. Modesitt, Jr.
CodeBlower
Shakespearean Groupie

Post by CodeBlower »

Yeah. It looks like that was a phantom-email. I still don't have a tracking number -- and -- when I look at the order status -- it has the date you stated. Fingers crossed!
-=-
JTass
Scribe

Post by JTass »

The release date on Audible is also shown as 11/16/2021.
Considering the principles involved, what are the odds that Murphy's Law is named after the wrong guy?
JTass
Scribe

Post by JTass »

FYI - hardcopies of Isolate are on the shelves in Barnes & Noble (at least in the location near my office).
I asked the clerk about the release date and she said that they received them yesterday and the boxes were not marked with a 'do not sell before [date]' sticker.
CodeBlower
Shakespearean Groupie

Post by CodeBlower »

:banana:
-=-
CodeBlower
Shakespearean Groupie

Post by CodeBlower »

Just got shipping confirmation. Let's hope it comes in a box - and not a bag like the last one! :slap: :evil:
-=-
CodeBlower
Shakespearean Groupie

Post by CodeBlower »

My USPS delivery has disappeared from Amazon's orbital tracking satellites. I finally resorted to grabbing a copy from the local B&N (thanks JTass). If my original purchase ever appears, Amazon is getting it back.
-=-

Return to “L. E. Modesitt”