Imager portfolio over?

A place to discuss the rich and varied worlds of L.E. Modesitt, Jr. All are welcome!

Official Website: here. Official Fan site: here

Moderators: Ghost, lmodesitt

Imager portfolio over?

Postby oponn » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:34 pm

Just read on Amazon in the description that this will be the final book. Any confirmation on this? I sincerely hope this isn't the case but all good things come to an end at some point.
Any information would be appreciated thanks.!
oponn
Bookworm

Re: Imager portfolio over?

Postby lmodesitt » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:43 pm

Endgames is indeed the final book in The Imager Portfolio. It completes the story cycle I had in mind from the beginning. I've very much enjoyed writing it, but it was never intended to be an "open-ended world history" the way the Saga of Recluce is.

L. E. Modesitt, Jr.
lmodesitt
Professional Wordsmith

Postby JTass » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:24 pm

Oh, rats!
One of my earliest questions on this forum was asking if there was a possibility of a continuation of Rhenn's story arc (Link here: http://ibdof.com/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=121763&p=1895171#p1895171).
You had indicated that you had considered it, among a few other possibilities. Should I assume that the Rhenn sequel is no longer a consideration?
Considering the principles involved, what are the odds that Murphy's Law is named after the wrong guy?
JTass
Apprentice Scribe

Postby lmodesitt » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:52 pm

That's a fair assumption. After a great deal of consideration, I decided that any plausible continuation of Rhenn's story would be an anticlimax and that I didn't want to write an exciting and implausible continuation.

L. E. Modesitt, Jr.
lmodesitt
Professional Wordsmith

Postby oponn » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:02 am

Thanks for the reply, are the spellsong and corean chronicles done aswell?
oponn
Bookworm

Postby Mythbhavd » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:25 pm

I can genuinely say that I'll miss the Imager Portfolio. It has been an excellent journey and I can't wait to see where you take us next. I suppose that'll be to Heaven. :)
Mythbhavd
Scribe Adept

Postby lmodesitt » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:01 pm

The Spellsong Cycle is done as well. It's possible that I could write another book in the Corean Chronicles, if I get the right time/idea/??? ... but the probability isn't high at the moment.

L. E. Modesitt, Jr.
lmodesitt
Professional Wordsmith

Return to L. E. Modesitt