Arthur C Clarke - 2061: Odyssey Three - 10

Here you can post book reviews for the IBDoF. Share your thoughts with the world and tell us what you think of the latest book you've read.

[NOTE: to create a properly linked book review thread here in TCC, please click on the "Review this Book" link from the applicable detailed book view in the IBDoF database - it will automatically generate a linked review here.

Moderators: clong, Mr. Titanic

teejay17
Scribe Adept

Arthur C Clarke - 2061: Odyssey Three - 10

Post by teejay17 »

2061: Odyssey Three

First off, do not read this before reading 2001, or 2010. But if you've read those, then you are ready for the slight story diversion, and thus development that Clarke does in 2061. This book is really enjoyable in that it fleshes out the "universe" that Clarke created in the first two installments of the series. The plot of this book is indeed intruiging, and it sets everything up for the grand finale in 3001.
On Amazon, one person offers the point that 2061 is one great big "segue", and that this is a bad thing; although I do agree that it is a segue, I contrarily believe that this is okay: let the man add a dimension to his story, I say! This is not a story for the action oriented reader, although exciting things do happen in the text; this novel is more of an aside, an in-between, a "pre-text" for what happens next.

Return to “The Critic's Corner”