- Mammoth Book of New Historical Whodunnits, The (Antholgoy)
- Peter Tremayne
- Cherith Baldry
- Philip Boast
- Frank Bonham
- Judith Cutler
- Jean Davidson
- Martin Edwards
- Clayton Emery
- Jeffrey Farnol
- Gail Frazer writing as Margaret Frazer
- Alan Gordon
- Claire Griffen
- Edward D. Hoch
- Sarah A. Hoyt
- Gillian Linscott
- John Lutz
- Keith Miles writing as Edward Marston
- Eric Mayer
- Annette Meyers writing as Maan Meyers
- Martin Meyers writing as Maan Meyers
- Jerry Sykes
- Sharan Newman
- Melville Davisson Post
- Ian Rankin
- Mary Reed
- Robert Reginald
- Lynda S. Robinson
- Marilyn Todd
Buy this book from Amazon (US)
- This sparkling new anthology of 26 stories of mystery and intrigue ranges over three thousand years, from Ancient Babylon to spies on the Titanic. Mike Ashley's third collection in this hugely successful series includes brand new tales as well as rare reprints from writers such as Ian Rankin, Lynda S. Robinson, Margaret Frazer and Peter Tremayne - with characters ranging from the Queen of Sheba to Chaucer, Henry the Navigator to Benjamin Franklin.
An intriguing case for Irish religieuse Sister Fidelma in "The Spiteful Shadow" by Peter Tremayne.
Sheriff Pieter Tonneman investigates in New Amsterdam in Maan Meyers' "The Dutchman and the Wrongful Heir."
The further adventures of mischievous Roman minx Claudia Seferius during the reign of Augustus, in "Cupid's Arrow" by Marilyn Todd.
Personal escort Cullender knows too well the perils of eighteenth-century Edinburgh in Ian Rankin's "The Serpent's Back."
Murder amidst the pomp of the Queen of Sheba's amazing journey to Solomon's court, in "Death in the Desert" by Jean Davidson.
Clever sleuthing by Geoffrey Chaucer in Cherith Baldry's version of "The Duke's Tale."
Famed historian Herodotus turns detective in "The Oracle of Amun" by Mary Reed and Eric Mayer.
Edited by Edgar Award winner Mike Ashley.
Foreword: Three Thousand years of Crime by Mike Ashley
His Master's Servant by Philip Boast
Death in the Desert by Jean Davidson
The Judgment of the Gods by Rob Reginald
The Oracle of Amun by Mary Reed and Eric Mayer
Cupid's Arrow by Marilyn Todd
The Spiteful Shadow by Peter Tremayne
Catherine and the Sybil by Sharan Newman
The Jester and the Mathematician by Alan R. Gordon
The Duke's Tale by Cherith Baldry
Sea of Darkness by Sarah A. Hoyt
The Stone-Worker's Tale by Margaret Frazer
The Witching Hour by Martin Edwards
The Dutchman and the Wrongful Heir by Maan Meyers
If Serpents Envious by Clayton Emery
The Uninvited Guest by Edward D. Hoch
Benjamin's Trap by Richard Moquist
The Serpent's Back by Ian Rankin
Botanist at Bay by Edward Marston
The Living and the Dead by Judith Cutler
Footprints by Jeffery Farnol
The Tenth Commandment by Melville Davisson Post
Murder in Old Manhattan by Frank Bonham
The Abolitionist by Lynda S. Robinson
Poisoned with Politeness by Gillian Linscott
Threads of Scarlet by Claire Griffen
The Gentleman on the Titanic by John Lutz